The U.S.A Clydesdale Preservation Foundation is dedicated to the preservation of the Clydesdale Horse. We created the foundation because of their “at risk” status. Through our efforts we hope to educate the public about the breed's current plight and to contribute to the betterment of the breed. Currently the foundation has 6 Clydesdales that live in Gilbert, AZ.
Helping Through Education and Demonstration
USACPF provides an educational resource for colleges and high schools to enhance their equestrian curriculum and offers important information about the Clydesdale Horse. When invited USACPF staff will instruct using our curriculum.
Young Women’s Program provided by USACPF includes youth education about horse care, safety and offers beginner rider opportunities. Additionally, the young members learn about the Clydesdale Horse and become Youth Ambassadors for USACPF.
Educational Programs and demonstrations provided by both USACPF and the USA Clydesdale Drill Team demonstrations are available to 4-H, FFA, county fairs and other community programs to teach about the versatility and care of the Clydesdale horse, as well as participate in community parades.
Resources Available - USACPF provides resources for first time Clydesdale owners and Clydesdale breeders who are new to Arizona. Additionally, we offer information about how to help the Clydesdale Horse adapt to their new environment.
- Playtime at Horseshoe Park
- City trail rides
- County and state fair Clydesdale exhibits and educational days
- Horse exhibitions and educational days
- High school and college educational speaking about the Clydesdales
- 4-H presentations
- Educational field trips at schools for Clydesdale educational day
- Fund raising events and educational demonstrations
- Bathe a Clydesdale day (parent child activity)
- Volunteer BBQ
- Board member volunteer day
- Veterinarian assistant day practical's
- Provide individual rides for cancer patients
- Personal visits by special needs groups
- Volunteer days for student clubs and organizations
- Corporate team building days
- Barn tours and preservation education
- Picture day with a Clydesdale
- National Clydesdale week
- Arizona Gives Day
Come join us and learn how you might become involved as an owner, future breeder, volunteer or financial supporter of one of the rare breeds.
USACPF also sponsors yearly equine educational scholarships for young women interested in an education in equine sciences.
is a Breed Affiliate Member of the Equus Survival Trust
is a member of Fleet of Angels